Monday, January 31, 2011

Block-a-Palooza Block #3 is a winner!

Oh, man, I love how this turned out so much I want to make a whole quilt out of it.
Too bad I'm working from stash, as I don't have much left of the chartreuse solid, and only enough of the stripe for a couple, maybe three, more geese blocks for the 'palooza thing.

On the plus side, I recently got more of the Kaffe Fassett "persimmons" print in the center (2 whole yards, squeeeee! although a day will come when I'll wish I'd bought six) because I was down to about a fat eighth and the idea of running out of it entirely was unbearable.

I'm going to have to make at least one more of this block. No way am I done playing with it. Won't be able to sew them up right away, though, as I'm taking my machine in for servicing in about half an hour. Hope they can turn it around fast.

Thanks, Sasikirana Homemade, for this lovely block layout!

4 comments:

  1. This one's my favorite so far! Hope you get your machine back ASAP so you can keep cranking out these fab-u-lous blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors! These are awesome :) I am working on a hexagon quilt with Kaffe fabric and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty - I'd want to make a whole quilt out of it too. In fact, now I want to

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I can totally see a quilt made out of one huge block of this.

    ReplyDelete