Monday, May 24, 2010

the Summer of No Pants

I've signed up for the Summer of No Pants skirt-sewing challenge over at Marigold's delightfully-named blog, "Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky!"


Not that I need any encouragement to sew up a few more skirts. Or reason to wear more skirts, since I am a daily skirt-wearer, and frequent skirt sewer, anyway.

What I find funny about this is that I am supposed to be learning how to sew pants this summer.* You wouldn't know it by looking around my sewing room, but I joined (and appear to have dropped out of) the spring-summer jeans sew-along over at PatternReview. I managed to trace a pattern and then bury it under a pile of other stuff, and that's the sum total of my progress so far. Much as I'd like to have pants that fit sewn up by, say, early October, it very well could be the summer of no pants around here.

* The original goal was to learn how to sew pants last winter; when that didn't happen I pushed it to a summer 2010 goal. Mostly what I've done so far is accumulate enough fabric to make at least six pairs of pants, which is about five pairs more than I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment