Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kaffe Fassett hexie flowers


I used to think I watch way too much TV, but now that I have become addicted to paper-pieced hexagons (the perfect hand-sewing project for couch potato time) there's no such thing as too much. Shown here: the product of the past couple of months.

The "petals" are all Kaffe Fassett fabrics, centers are mostly from the scrap bin. As you can see, each flower will also receive a ring of assorted watery batik blues. Once that's done, some bits of leafy greens will connect them all together.

In addition to TV time, I've also discovered that sewing up a flower or two first thing in the morning is calm and meditative, and a lovely way to start the day. And slightly more productive than reading or just staring into space for half an hour, which is what I used to do while caffeinating.

I'm proceeding at a much faster rate than expected, now that I'm keeping my fingers busy during formerly lazy time. Nevertheless, there's a long, long way to go before completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment