Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hexies taking shape

My hexies obsession continues, and my vision of a total project is taking shape. For a project that started up as a way to use up some Kaffe Fassett scraps and strips, this has triggered the purchase of way more additional fabric than anticipated. In addition to more KF prints, I now have an assortment of blues, some backing fabric, and a beautiful lime-on-white batik for a border that I'll show you some other time.

Biggest decision has been made: the background color will be an assortment of pale, watery blue batik "blenders":

The blues here are not stitched, as you can probably tell, just nudged into place on my kitchen counter so I could be sure they play well togther as a setting color. Colors in these photos are over-saturated, but I don't feel like tweaking them any more. It's another dim, drizzly Hilo day, not good for pics, even with flash.

I want to include some green in my layout, and had in mind using "triplets" between the flowers, like this:

Now I'm thinking maybe that's too much green, so I'm going to go back to my hexies playground (Illustrator file) and see if I can come up with a layour I like with single greens, maybe something like this:
Clearly I need to waste at least several more hours playing with my graphics layout worksheets. before making a decision. Still lots of basting of greens and blues to be done, and many more flowers to make before I have to commit to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment