Monday, April 6, 2009

Challenging Myself

Somewhere around the beginning of the year I decided that 2009 would be the year I learned to sew knits/stretch fabrics. I've got a good machine now (still no serger), and the two of us should be able to handle the learning curve.

It was with this goal in mind that I just spent $100 (not in the budget this month!) on rayon/lycra fabrics at EmmaOneSock.com: 2 gorgeous prints in sufficient yardage to make a dress of each (or skirt + top, which will not be worn together), plus a coordinating solid for trim and/or a top:


This mini-splurge was inspired by today's Vogue pattern sale. I seem to be in dress mode, plus I can't resist the interesting skirt:


There's only one problem. I can't possibly stitch on, or even cut, this (indulgent) fabric without a couple of practice runs. So now I have to go find some super cheapo but reasonably similar fabrics to mess up and make muslins from. Which I really don't have time to do. Have I mentioned we're probably moving soon (late May, early June)?

Why am I increasing the stash BEFORE the move? Duh!

Plus, I just spent a horrific amount of the morning on this... must go get some real work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment