Thursday, November 6, 2008

Neglected Projects

I haven't vanished, just not much sewing going on around here lately. Had a fabulous time playing with my sisters, who came to visit for my 50th b'day in late October, followed by catching up on all the stuff I'd neglected for a week.

Focus at the moment is on trying to finish and polish up a submittable draft of my novel by the end of the year. My reward for meeting that deadline will be a new sewing machine, and that's a BIG incentive!

Also unfinished: multiple sewing projects languishing in neglect in various closets around the house. Hope to find an hour here and there to attend to at least one something this month. Considered making a projects list of what I'd like to get done by the end of the year, but decided I had too many UFOs and way, way, way too little time for that to be inspirational.

Have, so far, upheld the fabric embargo, although I do find myself thinking "patterns aren't fabric," "notions aren't fabric," and thoughts along those lines. Not having time to sew helps. I'm sure the eight weeks remaining in the year will go quickly, and then I'll be able to reward my restraint with a fabric binge.

No comments:

Post a Comment